Button Batteries In Your Child’s Toy Could Be Cause for Concern

Tragedy struck two days after Christmas for one Oklahoma family when a two-year-old toddler died six days after swallowing a button battery.

The day after Christmas, Brianna Florer of Jay, Oklahoma, began exhibiting signs that something was wrong.  The next day, her condition worsened and the family drove Brianna from their rural home to meet an ambulance. Despite emergency surgery efforts, the child did not survive.

Young children swallowing lithium batteries has become a dangerous trend in recent months. According to Dr. Kris Jantana, more than 3,500 children, most under the age of 6, were hospitalized last year as a … Read the rest

Hoverboards Spark Safety Concerns

Hoverboards have become very popular among the pre-teen and teenage population, and have been given as many holiday gifts this year.  However, safety concerns have arisen concerning hoverboards, which require the user to balance as the board moves at a rate of over ten miles per hour. In many instances, users fail to wear helmets. With the rate of how quickly the hoverboards can move, this can create a dangerous situation for the user. According to the Consumer Product Safety Commission, 29 emergency room visits related to hoverboard use were reported since August 2015.

According to Consumerreports.org, one recent … Read the rest

Successful Verdicts

Millions of Dollars Received in Settlements and Verdicts on Behalf of Injured Clients

Read More

Testimonials

Hear From our Satisfied Clients Throughout New York City & Surrounding Areas

Read More

Blogs

Keep up to Date on Current Legal Issues and Industry Insights

Read More

Injured? What Now?

Free Case Review (888) LAW-8088

    Skip to content