It’s a parent’s worst nightmare. A mother brings her toddler in for a routine dental procedure and her child passes away. That is the reality for Betty Squire, a young Texas mother whose 14-month-old daughter, Daisy Lynn Torres, died after being administered anesthesia for a cavity filling in March 2016. This recent tragedy brings to light the dangers of using anesthesia on children during minor dental procedures.
When Ms. Squire brought Daisy into the dentist’s office at Austin Children’s Hospital to have two cavities filled, the dental staff informed her that they were going to put her under anesthesia and … Read the rest